If this is a fantasy show, then do I need a costume?
Many actors have asked this question. Fortunately, the answer is not as daunting as it sounds.
As an actor, you will only be seen from the chest up. All you really need to “decorate” are your shoulders, neck, and possibly your hair.
Of course, if you already have a costume for fantasy/steampunk LARP or cosplay, we hope you’ll show it off! But if you don’t, then look no further than your own closet. Vests, tunics, cloaks, watches, jewelry, hats and scarves are just a few of the many interesting items you may already have.
Check out these examples from the everyday wardrobes of character coach Kelly and showrunner Lisa:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
This entry was posted on June 24, 2013 by aureliaedgeofdarkness. It was filed under beta show, Costuming and was tagged with Aurelia, character, Clothing, convention, cosplay, Costume, costuming, Edge of Darkness, Fandom, fantasy LARP, interactive show, Lisa England, Live action role-playing game, persona, Rise of the Tiger, social TV, steampunk LARP, Theatrics, web show.