The end of our show isn’t the end of Aurelia. Here’s a peek at what lies ahead for the City of Light and its darkly-minded inhabitants:
- In November, the AURELIA BESTIARY will release. Watch for more information at my blog and at City Beast Studio.
- In January 2014, I’ll announce brand-new branding for the world of AURELIA, encompassing all its stories, and reflecting the overall saga behind the stories.
- Later in 2014, the first installment of an eight-part revised and expanded version of Rise of the Tiger will release for Kindle, featuring all-new plot lines and a deeper exploration of the city’s dark secrets.
- Once all eight parts have released, I’ll introduce the next stage of King Jude’s journey, taking him into a faraway land on the other side of Aurelia’s mysterious continent.
- AURELIA: Edge of Darkness, the show, may return for future seasons if interest and the creative time come together.
- And who knows what else might come up? If the future of this world is anything like its past, amazing things are right around the corner.
What an honor for AURELIA to be featured in a three-part series on popular Steampunk blog Airship Ambassador. Today’s inaugural installment features an interview between the Ambassador himself, Kevin Steil, and Lisa England, our creator and showrunner. Enjoy today’s installment and look forward to two more. And while you’re at it, check out the many other fantastic resources the Ambassador has to offer!
Today I’m pleased to formally announce the development of an Aurelia Bestiary: a compendium of monsters, machines, mutants, and mythic creatures that inhabit the City of Aurelia and her surrounding plains.
This 32-page (comic-sized) volume features creatures from the original novel Rise of the Tiger, new additions from the show Aurelia: Edge of Darkness, and even a few never-before-seen horrors from Aurelia’s deepest, darkest mad science labs! Written as if by Aurelian scientist themselves, the Aurelia Bestiary will include original field notes, poetry, scientific analysis, and other fun tidbits in the style and tone of our infamous world-in-crisis.
Aurelia Bestiary will be released by City Beast Studio, the sequential art and multimedia development cooperative I helm, along with my co-conspirators Terry Reed and Cole Norton. The release date has been set for the end of Aurelia’s current season: October 17th.
Last week, Lisa flew to Los Angeles to represent the pioneering work of our actors, as part of a digital media panel at the Act One Program alumni weekend. With fellow panelists Gary Bryman (Producer’s Guild), Lindsay Kerns (Funny Or Die) and Joe Wehringer (Daily Ovation), she shared her show creation process, audience engagement strategies, and successes/failures of the journey thus far. Thanks to moderator Christina Lee Storm and everyone at Act One for a warm welcome!